Saturday, August 14, 2010

The FIRST post!

How exciting! My very own blog. I've been blogging privately (i.e., writing in a journal) for years now, so it's a little intimidating posting my thoughts for you all to see. However, I'm gonna get over that really quickly because I know I'm going to enjoy this. I have always enjoyed writing. I loved it the day I wrote my first book in grade school about a penguin who couldn't slide. The book went on to win the young author's competition. I wish I could find that book now to show my kid someday. Anyway, my love for writing continued through highschool. I was a sports columnist for our school newspaper-- oh poor me getting to interview the cutest guys on the football team. I was also a writing tutor but mostly just re-wrote stuff for other kids because I sucked at explaining the rules of English, grammar, sentence structure, etc. That's ok. It helped me eliminate one career path I was considering: becoming a teacher just like my mom. I've never had patience for anything, so I'd make for a terrible teacher. I'm so impatient that when I went to buy my first car I was willing to buy one that wouldn't start (literally made that chug chug chug chug chug sound repeatedly when the guy turned the key in the ignition) simply because it was the right color and it was a convertible. C'mon, a 16 year old with a convertible? How cool would that have been? Anyway, not much has changed. I settled for the car I'm driving now that isn't the color I went in for because the dealership didn't have the one I wanted in stock.......the exact car I wanted was going to be in that same lot 3 weeks from the day I went in, but noooooooo I had to drive off in something other than I came in with. Embarassingly impatient. Thanks to my Dad who didn't let me buy the car that didn't start, and my husband who has great patience and discipline, have I been forced to get a little better. But let's be honest-I'm still gonna look for hidden presents throughout the house on Christmas Eve, shake the box by my ear to figure out what's inside, and then place it back EXACTLY how I found it. Ah yes, I may be impatient, but I'm not stupid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment