Friday, September 17, 2010

Just when I thought I had something to complain about.....(Series)

I bump into another story about these guys:
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/09/17/chile.miners/?hpt=T2

Man, seriously I'd go INSANE if I were 2k feet below the earth for almost 2 months (they've been there since August 5, 2010). These 33 miners have stayed fairly optimistic, despite the news from their employer who says they do not have the money to pay the miners for their work and/or suffering. (The employer has since filed for bankruptcy.)

The bright side is that today workers were able to drill a hole and reach the miners. Now they just have to widen the hole to be able to bring them up. Early estimates said they wouldn't be out until November. That date, thankfully has been moved up although I'm not sure they have set a new target date.

Anyway, I will add to this series--'Just when I thought I had something to complain about.....'--basically every time I think I have it bad but then realize I really don't at all. Feel free to add to it.

I hope these guys get out soon and are somehow able to get compensated for their pain, suffering, and more than anything--time away from their loved ones. I can't even imagine what it would be like to not be able to see my baby boy's face every day, or not hear my husband laugh. And to think, I was just mad that I wasn't going to be going to the Dave Matthews/Jason Mraz concert at Wrigley Field this weekend. Silly me.

1 comment:

  1. The story which you have shared is very nice and it is really true. And you have shared in exactly right way it is happening.

    ReplyDelete